We have been operating locally for many years, matching talented people with great companies. So if you fancy a change of direction or are currently looking for a fresh challenge, upload your CV via this website for the consideration of our expert recruitment consultants. The perfect job for you could be just around the corner!
Electronic Hardware Engineer - Electronic - Full Time
30-45,000 dep on experience - 30-45,000 dep on experience
Electronic Hardware Engineer
My client designs, develops, manufactures and markets a range of temperature and process control instrumentation for customers all around the world for a wide variety of industry sectors, including manufacturing, healthcare and food and beverage. They currently require an experienced Electronics Engineer to support and progress product development and customization work to drive the company’s growth. You will work in the Brighton engineering team designing customization projects to fulfill customer requirements and ensuring the product meets regulatory standards. You will also work on new product and platform development projects. Additionally there will be some sustaining work to ensure the continued success of the existing product range.
• Design customisation projects of medium complexity products including analogue and digital electronics design, with schematic and layout entry using Altium
• Experience in hardware design on 8/16/32 Microprocessor platforms.
• From schematics, create circuit layouts that comply with industry approvals and best practice for manufacture.
• Stay abreast of changes in relevant international approvals standards, ensure products meet those standards
• Work with other Electronics Engineers to deliver customisation, platform and sustaining projects as required
• Deliver design package including SAP BOM’s, ECN’s, raising orders and working closely with onsite manufacturing
• Qualification in an Electronics discipline (degree minimum) is required
• Proven experience in analogue hardware design, Op amps, low frequency design, filters, ADC interfacing, practical understanding of switch mode PSU, micro-interfacing, transistor ccts, MOSFET ccts, relays, etc.
• Well experienced in PCB schematic and layout design to meet stringent approvals requirements (CE, UL, FM, CSA)
• Digital electronics experience, practical micro-controller design with common peripherals like UART, SPI, I2C, PWM, etc. Knowledge of comms protocols RS232 / 485, USB. Micro-controller low level drivers C/C++.
• Experience in problem-solving including problem identification, root cause analysis and potential solutions
• Process orientated, comfortable working within structured environment.
• Experience design of low cost, mid complexity, mid volume products. Able to match technology to meet performance and price constraints.
• Understands commercial pressure and is able to deliver agreed targets to the right quality levels on time.
• Design experience with Altium CAD package advantageous but not essential
Salary: £30-45k depending on experience