Allstaff Recruitment are now recruiting for a Senior Quantity surveyor, for a full time, permanent role, based in the outskirts of Bedford. The purpose of this role is to calculate and manage the cost related to projects within the commercial and contractual aspect of the business, as well as cost control and negotiations with clients and subcontractors.
The main responsibilities in the Senior Quantity Surveyor role include:
- Preparing and awarding sub-contract packages and managing their contracts and activities
- Instructing, tracking, valuing and agreeing valuations
- Visiting sites to carry out monthly valuations
- Assisting with take-offs
- Observe and discharge contractual imperatives to protect the companies position and entitlements under said contract
- Maintain and develop risk management processes ensuring cash flow is key
- Making sure payments to subcontractors are made on time and in accordance with the agreed payment terms
- Assist in daily duties of the commercial department
- Identify quantifying risk and opportunities in bids and tenders
- Oversee, adapt and develop tender prices from Architects drawings and create bill of quantities if not delivered by the client
- Carry out key negotiations with prospective customers, partners and sub-contractors
- A framework of approved practise and process in commercial activity is followed in adherence to company standard and corporate governance
- Ensure disputes are controlled and in order to protect and further Company interest and relationships
- Advise and input into development and improvement of supply chain
- Reporting on monthly valuations, client variations, etc
- Project cost analysis, control, management and reporting
- Advise on procurement strategy
- Report on monthly valuations, client variation etc
Qualifications needed include:
- The ideal candidate will hold a degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A Strong ability with various Microsoft packages is highly desirable along with exceptional organisation skills and competent communication skills.
- Applications must have the ability to be flexible as occasional travel to projects and client meetings will be required.
- Candidates must have experience with AutoCAD.
- The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of both successful and cost-effective negotiation & management of large-scale contracts.
To apply for the Senior Quantity Surveyor please complete your details below and include a copy of your up to date CV.
**Thank you for your interest in this Senior Quantity Surveyor role, your application will now be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants. Due to the high volume of applications Allstaff Recruitment receive, it is with regret we are unable to respond to all candidates directly. However, if you do not hear from us within seven days, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Allstaff Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Specialist acting as an employment agency and an employment business, specialising in permanent, contract and temporary placements across a vast number of industries. If you are looking for Jobs in Bedford, then look no further than Allstaff Recruitment for a variety of different roles across numerous industries. When looking for recruitment in Bedford, Allstaff Recruitment is genuinely interested in both our candidates and clients and aims to find the best match for you. Our ethos is simple: to build long term relationships by offering an exceptional recruitment service at all times. As a member of the REC, Allstaff Recruitment is committed to working to the highest possible standards. **